Email address: email@example.com
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, First Class Honor | Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China Sep 2011- Jun 2015
Exchange student in Chemistry | Technical University of Munich, Germany Mar – Aug 2014
- Initiated development of a comprehensive genomics analysis system which obtains single DNA sequence information from fluorescently stained single DNA molecules.
- Carried out DNA preparations: PCR GC and AT rich DNA regions, molecular cloning, extraction of plasmids and bacterial artificial chromosome DNA from bacteria cell cultures.
- Confirm DNA sequences by restriction digests and DNA sequencing.
- Conducted DNA reactions including fluorescent labelling, ligation, methylation, etc.
- Enabled automatic in-focus large dataset collection of fluorescently stained DNA images on epifluorescence microscope system.
- Joined program development and applied the programs in daily data analysis in Python, MATLAB, R and C++.
- Validated DNA sequence analysis on signal to noise ratio, reproducibility and structural variants calling with known DNA construct.
11 semesters total.
Courses: Introductory Applied Statistics, Physical Chemistry Labs, Analytical Chemistry, General Chemistry.